9.9.10

Google announces Google Instant search

In a big-picture keynote at Berlin’s IFA home electronics event, Google (NSDQ: GOOG) CEO Eric Schmidt said Google’s new guiding principle is in serving users automatic search results, all the time, super-quick.

“Our new definition of Google, we’re trying to get you something fast - never underestimate the importance of fast.

“Ultimately, search is not just the web but literally all of your information - your email, the things you care about, with your permission - this is personal search, for you and only for you.

“The next step of search is doing this automatically. When I walk down the street, I want my smartphone to be doing searches constantly - ‘did you know?’, ‘did you know?’, ‘did you know?’, ‘did you know?’.

This notion of autonomous search - to tell me things I didn’t know but am probably interested in, is the next great stage - in my view - of search.”

No comments: